Google

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Bug letters to God

Bug letters to God
By Jon Walker

“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered himself up for me.” (Galatians 2:20, NAS)

There’s a story of a business executive who, at the end of a long day of travel, climbs into bed at a hotel. As he begins to nod off, he feels something crawling up his legs.

Leaping up and fumbling with the light, he throws back the bedsheets to discover the bed is full of bugs.

Changing rooms was not enough to satisfy the man’s disgust. Upon arriving home, he wrote a complaint letter to the hotel’s corporate headquarters.

Weeks later he received a reply directly from the president of the company:

“We are absolutely appalled that a man of your position and reputation should have had such an experience in one of our hotels. We are deeply embarrassed, and we assure you we are working diligently to correct this problem, and it will never happen again.”

After reading the reply, the businessman - feeling quite good about himself - went to file the letter. But a small post-it note slipped out of the hotel’s envelope. Picking it up, he saw the words, “Send this man the bug letter.”

Have you been sending bug letters to God? Have you been saying you’re sorry when, in fact, you have no real intention to change?

It’s easy to say you need to be a more supportive husband and a more attentive father. Do you mean it, or have you sent a bug letter to God?

It’s easy to say you need to be a more loving mother and a more encouraging wife. Do you mean it, or have you sent a bug letter to God.”

God knows the intent of your heart and the truth of your priorities. Today, why not tear up your form letters and speak to him from the depths of your heart?

Point to ponder: Telling God you’re sorry doesn’t mean anything if you don’t intend to change.

Verse: “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me.” (Galatians 2:20, NAS)

What will you do about it: Be genuine. Make the decision to truly repent – which means turning 180 degrees – and take whatever steps you must to change your behavior.

Prayer: Apologize to God for your bug letters and ask him to keep you honest in your prayers.

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive