Google

Sunday, November 4, 2007

You were made for God

You were made for God
By John Fischer

Think about this: “He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since He is Lord of heaven and earth, He doesn’t live in man-made temples, and human hands can’t serve His needs—for He has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and He satisfies every need there is” (Acts 17:24-25).

God is providing you with the air to breathe today as you read this. This will continue to be the case after your click off your computer and go on with your business. Paul later said, “In Him we live and move and exist.” That’s a pretty big involvement on God’s part, and I have long considered it ironic to think how involved God is with our lives compared to how little we are involved in His. But this inequity doesn’t seem to make any difference to Him. He’s in our lives regardless.

And then Paul paints a picture of us as those who are feeling our way toward God “though He is not far from any one of us” (17:27). What an image that is! We are groping for Him, as in the dark, and He is whispering in our ears. Why not turn around and embrace Him? All this groping is unnecessary.

This, in fact, is what we do when we worship God. We are acknowledging the simple truth that He has been there all along. We are not calling God down from some lofty place; nor are we getting ourselves to some lofty place to reach Him. We are simply turning around and embracing the one who has been right there from the beginning. We are agreeing with a truth that may have been self-evident to others (it’s been right here in scripture all along) but not to us. Worship should be the obvious thing to do. The fact that it is not shows how blind we can be to the truth.

You are no longer blind. Turn around. Acknowledge His presence in your life. Worship by opening your eyes to the obvious truth. As Francis Schaeffer used to say, “God is there and He is not silent.”

Pray this prayer today: “God, I recognize that You have been with me all along, even in the very air I breathe. I admit that I was wrong to think I could be autonomous—that I could control my own destiny and operate without any knowledge of You. I realize now how important You are to me, but what amazes me is the fact that I might be important to You. Open my eyes to see You today, and to realize my place in Your kingdom.”

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive