Google

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ask God to help you with your finances

Rick Warren Daily Devotions

You do not have, because you do not ask God. James 4:2 (NIV)

"Before you pay for it, pray for it. Give God a chance to give it to you before you go out and charge it. "

God is waiting for you to ask.

He wants to help, but the problem is, you don't ever ask. The last time you needed a car, did you ask God for it or did you just go out and buy it? My guess is you probably didn't ask for it. You probably didn't pray. You just went out and bought it.

Jesus says, "Ask and it will be given you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will open for you.'" (Matthew 7:7 NLT) One of the reasons you never see miracles in your life is you never ask. Would you like to see God work in your life more? Start asking. Before you pay for it, pray for it. Give God a chance to give it to you before you go out and charge it.

If you'd pray as much about your finances as you worry about them, you'd have a lot less to worry about. God says "Ask, I'm waiting for you to ask me."

Why does God want you to ask? Because he's a loving father. Loving fathers love to bestow gifts on their kids.

In John 16:24 Jesus says, "You've not asked for anything in My name. Ask and you will receive so that your joy will be the fullest possible joy." (NCV) Why does God want me to ask? So he can give. Why does he want to give? So I can receive. Why does he want me to receive? So I'll be full of joy. Why does he want me to be full of joy? It's a great advertisement for Jesus Christ. Joyful Christians are a positive testimony.

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive