Google

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Every move you make

Every move you make
By Tom Holladay

“Mark well that God doesn't miss a move you make; he's aware of every step you take.” (Proverbs 5:21, Msg)

The 21st verse of Proverbs 5 has a chameleon quality to it: the way you see the verse is colored by the circumstances you find yourself in.

The verse is good news to me if I'm where I think God wants me to be; giving me energy to do what God wants me to do.

But for all of us there are times when the words, "He’s aware of every step you take," might make us a bit nervous.

There are times when we think, "Lord, could you look somewhere else right now?" This verse then has the feel of, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

The truth is – God is always there. He knows everything we've done and everything we're doing and everything we're going to do. On hearing this some feel massive guilt – and spend the rest of their lives trying to escape God's "watchful eye."

Great news today! You don't have to live with that burden!! God is a forgiving and loving God!!!

The fact that he sees everything I do shows me how important my life really is. He does not watch me to condemn me, he watches me to love and strengthen me.

Live your life today with the knowledge that even if no one else notices, God does. Even when no one else understands, God does. Even when no one else cares, God certainly does.

Point to ponder: God is always watching – because he loves you.

Verse: “Mark well that God doesn't miss a move you make; he's aware of every step you take.” (Proverbs 5:21, Msg)

What will you do about it: If you’ve been avoiding “God’s watchful eye” because you’re feeling guilty or ashamed of something, confess that to God right now. Believe that he loves you and forgives you – and move on.

Prayer: Thank God that he loves you so much he can’t take his eyes off you.

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive