Google

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Don't Lose Sleep

Don't Lose Sleep

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety”
Psalm 4:8 (ESV).

Sleep is critically important to not only our physical health, but also our spiritual wellbeing. That may sound a little simplistic, but sometimes lack of sleep can actually cause a spiritual problem. As a Christian, you should be able to sleep in peace at night knowing that God is in control. But when you lose sleep, not only are you physically unprepared, you become spiritually weak, because your mind is not sharp enough to be set on the things of God. Medically, lack of sleep can cause depression, irritability and a grumpy demeanor. Do
these sound like characteristics of a victorious Christian? Just the opposite. So get your proper sleep each night, and you'll have more energy, be in a better mood and even move closer to God!

A Prayer for Today
God, thank You for giving me the gift of sleep and confidence in Your Name. With Your help, I will make it a priority to get the sleep that I need and that You designed me to have. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive