Google

Friday, July 20, 2007

God Saves - Part I

God Saves - Part I
By Robert H. Schuller

"Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" -Mark 9:24

How do you define sin? I was asked that question by a reporter recently. My answer was very simple: Traditionally, sin has been defined as rebellion against God, an inner warfare between the self and God.

But think of sin as a golf ball. There is the outer skin. Then there is the tight inner workings, and finally at the core of every ball is one solid, little, hard rubber pellet. The skin of sin is rebellion. The core is much deeper. What is the core of sin? It is our innate, inherited, negative self-image!

The negative self-image is responsible for any and all sin. God's toughest job is making you believe you are a beautiful, wonderful person through redemption and salvation. Believe God when He tells you how great you are!

What do you have trouble believing? Where in your life do you lack self-confidence and the feeling that you are an attractive person made by God? Write it down:

Now cover up what you have written with the words, "God Loves Me!"

* * *

Because God loves me, I believe in myself!

* * *

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive