Google

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Talking With God - Part II

Talking With God - Part II
By Robert H. Schuller

Call to me and I will answer you, and will show you great and mighty things which you do not know. -Jeremiah 33:3

Imagine that you are in a little boat near a sandy beach. You throw out an anchor and pull on the rope until you feel the sandy shore slide underneath. Then you step out onto the shore. What have you done? Have you moved the shore to the boat? No, you've moved the boat to the shore.

That's what real prayer is... not moving God to you in order to get something, but moving yourself closer to God in order to become something. Now you are close enough to listen to what He wants to say to you.

Too many people think of prayer as a panic-stricken plea to God, the all-powerful doctor, to get an immediate solution to their problem. Two-way prayer is much more. It involves listening to God as much as it does talking to God. God told the prophet Jeremiah, "Call to me and I will answer you." That's two-way prayer.

Who's been doing the talking in your prayer times? Describe what prayer is like in your life:

* * *

Lord, today I am listening. Already I can begin to hear You as You answer the questions I have within.

* * *

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive