Google

Thursday, July 26, 2007

God Will - Part VI

God Will - Part VI

By Robert H. Schuller

If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move ... and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you. -Matthew 17:20

The fifth principle that will give you the confidence that God will help you make your dream come true is to tie it down. DON'T QUIT!

One of the elders of our church suffered a severe heart attack some years ago. It was a twenty-five minute cardiac arrest. When they got him to the hospital he was in a comatose condition. The neurosurgeon said, "There's no hope for him. Even if he lives, he'll be a vegetable."

I came to his bedside shortly after his attack and remembered what Dr. Smiley Blanton, the eminent New York psychiatrist, once said, "There are vast undamaged areas in the most severely damaged brain." I believed him, so I said to my special friend, "Stanley, this is Dr. Schuller. You're going to get well."

And a tear rolled down out of his eye! It was the first sign of hope! And Stanley grabbed hold of a dream, even in his comatose condition - the dream that he could recover.

Several months later, Stan's wife drove him to the church and he walked around without crutches! I ran to him and hugged him. He said, "Pastor, you're great." I answered, "Stanley, God is great!"

Don't quit! Only you can kill God's dream for you. He will not let your dream come smashing down.

* * *

Lord, I feel like shouting because I am confident that together, we will succeed!

* * *

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive