Google

Friday, July 20, 2007

God Saves - Part V

God Saves - Part V
By Robert H. Schuller

"This is the victory that has overcome the world - Your faith." -I John 5:4

There is a beautiful redemptive story I once heard about Abraham Lincoln:

Abe Lincoln passed a slave market in South Carolina one day. As he passed, he saw a beautiful young black girl being brought to the block to be sold. She wore a vicious, angry look. He couldn't stand the sight of it, the humiliation that she was being exposed to, the shame that was being brought to her. When the first bid came, he raised his hand and found himself bidding to buy this slave girl. In the end, Abe won the young girl. With anger, she looked at him and said, "Okay, what are you gonna do with me?" And he answered her, "I'm going to free you. Go where you want to go. Be what you want to be. Live where you want to live. Do what you want to do. Be free. Go.

I don't need you. I bought only one thing - your freedom." For the first time, she smiled and said, "If I'm free, I gonna go with you."

That's the way I feel about Jesus Christ. Salvation means freedom. And you can know it today. Are you oppressed by shame, resentment, condemnation, alienation, or isolation? These are terrible oppressors. Then you are not free. You are not saved.

You can know Salvation. Jesus came not only to free you from Hell after you die, but from Hell before you die. You can be free.

* * *

I am free today because I choose to believe!

* * *

0 komentar:

Daily bread Archive